Here’s how to plan your trip to Disney World!
The steps are below. First, here’s some advice.
Planning a trip to Disney World may be more complicated than planning other trips. Sure, you could wing it, but you’ll probably spend a lot more time waiting in lines, getting frustrated, and being turned away from things you’d really like to experience.
We’ve broken down the planning process into small, bite-size steps so that you can easily plan a wonderful, smooth Disney World vacation. Start planning as early as possible, and take it a step at a time. It doesn’t have to be done all at once, so relax and enjoy planning your ideal Disney trip!
Easy Step-by-Step Directions for Planning Your Disney World Vacation
Click on each step for detailed, easy instructions:
- Decide whether you should use a travel agent or not.
- Choose your number of vacation days.
- Pick your Vacation dates (includes checking park reservation availability)
- Schedule Your Park Days for planning purposes (This is a time to make a general schedule to help get you ready for the rest of the planning process)
- Choose where to stay
- Decide on Park Tickets
- Book your hotel/resort or package (includes Disney Dining Plan and buying park tickets if you’ve chosen a Disney package deal).
- Buy Park Tickets if you haven’t
- Make your Park Pass Reservations (unless you’re exempt)
- Make your remaining travel plans (plane, rental car, wheelchair/ECV, etc.)
- Plan your final daily schedule in detail (At this time, make the actual plan in detail)
- Book Your Dining Reservations
- Decide on Genie+ and Lightning Lanes
- Online Check-in for your Disney Resort
- Pack for Disney World
- Prepare your home so it will be safe as you travel
If you have extra challenges, special needs or disabilities, please check our Disney planning support articles here.
Join our Facebook group!!!!
Ask any questions, share your knowledge, and just enjoy getting to know other Disney fanatics in our Facebook group called Walt Disney World Made Easy for Everyone.
Also join me on Pinterest here.
GET UPDATES, NEWS & TIPS (IT’S FREE!!!)
NEED TO RENT A SCOOTER, WHEELCHAIR OR STROLLER? We recommend Buena Vista Rentals.
For wheelchairs and scooters, choose a FREE REAR BASKET, CUP HOLDER OR CANE HOLDER with scooter rental. MENTION THE DISCOUNT CODE “DIZABLED“.
For strollers, use the code “EASYDISNEY” to get a free food tray.
Or Call: (866) 484-4797 (mention the diz-abled.com offer)
Are you looking for a Travel Agent? We vetted travel agencies and found one with agents that know Disney well, and who have great reputations for excellent service. They can also support those with special needs or extra challenges. Visit our Travel Agent page here to learn more.