Before we begin, if you’re NOT staying at a Disney World resort:
You’ll want to simply make your reservations yourself by either contacting the hotel, or by using a website such as Tripadvisor.com where you can read reviews, see photos from posters & find hotel deals. This is one of my favorite travel sites because hotels tend to get tons of very candid reviews, and people post real photos rather than the few beauty shots that hotels post themselves.
Here’s How You Book A Disney World Resort:
Before you start the actual booking process, you’ll have some decisions to make.
1. Decide if you should use a travel agent.
If you haven’t decided yet, take a moment to read our article that will help you decide:
Article: SHOULD I USE A TRAVEL AGENT?
If you decide to use a travel agent, make sure that:
- They’ve been to Disney many times.
- They’ve graduated from the Disney College of Knowledge.
- They’re easily accessible for questions, changes, etc.
- Their agency focuses on Disney travel
Your agent will guide you through the booking process and will make the actual reservations for you. Even if you choose to use a travel agent, you still may want to read on so that you know what to ask the travel agent for.
2. Decide whether to buy the Disney Dining Plan. (CURRENTLY THIS IS ON HOLD POST RE-OPENING – WE’LL LET YOU KNOW WHEN IT RESTARTS)
This is a more complicated decision then you’d think. I wrote articles to explain exactly what tre Disney Dining Plan is, and another to help you decide if you’d enjoy the plan, and if it would save you money. Read these:
- Article: Disney Dining Plan: What it is – How it Works – What it Costs
- Article: Is the Disney Dining Plan Worth the Money?
3. Decide on whether to book a package or to book everything separately.
Disney offers various packages, and room-only deals. There are pros and cons to choosing a Disney package rather than booking just your room through Disney. Read our article here:
Article: SHOULD I BOOK A PACKAGE OR ROOM ONLY AT DISNEY WORLD?
Now it’s time to book your trip! Here’s how to book your Disney World trip yourself:
We find that it’s best to book directly through Disney. I would not recommend booking a Disney resort through a third party site like Kayak.com or Expedia.com. You will not be able to add things like Disney Dining to your trip, and you’ll have more challenges with cancellations, changes, etc.
So you’ll have two choices. Either:
- Book on Disney’s website: Go to Disneyworld.com and start with the “Price Your Vacation” option just under the top menu. You’ll be led through the process.
- Call Disney directly: Call 1-407-939-1936. Follow the prompts to make a room reservation.
For more Disney World planning tips, check out this page:
Easy Steps for Planning Your Trip to Disney World
Join our facebook group!!!!
Ask any questions, share your knowledge and just enjoy getting to know other Disney fanatics in our facebook group called Walt Disney World Made Easy for Everyone.
Like our facebook page here for Disney news and fun!
Also join me on Pinterest here.
GET A FREE TRIP PLANNING CALENDAR… PLUS UPDATES, NEWS, TIPS & DISCOUNTS
Sign up below to stay updated on the newest information, tips and tricks to help you plan your perfect Disney World trip!