Disney is adding in a new charge to those staying in their resorts. Any resort reservations after March 21, 2018 will now include a new fee for parking a car overnight. This was free until now, and was always considered a perk of staying at a Disney World resort.
The cost per night will depend on the type of Disney resort you’re staying in:
- Value Resorts: $13 per night
- Moderate Resorts: $19 per night
- Deluxe Resorts: $24 per night
Valet parking will be also be going up to $33 per night. This is only available at select Deluxe resorts. Valet parking is free to guests with valid disability plaques.
You can visit Disney’s website page on parking is here.
Here are some exceptions for these new Disney World Resort parking fees:
- If you booked your resort reservations prior to March 21st, 2018 (even if your travel dates are after that date).
- Disney Vacation Club members won’t pay if they’re staying in a DVC Deluxe Villa, and if they’re using DVC points to stay in other Disney resorts (check out this article for DVC details and rules).
- Guests visiting as a part of a group or convention (according to wdwinfo.com)
- Guests with disabilities (show your handicapped parking placard at check-in). (I confirmed this with two different Disney resort Cast Members.)
- Guests who come for the day to visit the resort to enjoy things like the restaurants, shops, recreational activities, etc.
- Guests staying at the Fort Wilderness Resort will still get free parking. Each campsite has space for one car.
In the past, when trying to decide whether or not to stay on property, free parking has been an deciding factor for many people. This is going to be disappointing to many guests who will see their trip costs go up. Regardless, with the increases in attendance and the new attractions opening this year, it’s unlikely to slow attendance at Disney. Also consider that many other non-Disney resorts have been charging these fees all along.
Parking at the Disney World Parks
Free Parking at the parks (the following qualify for free parking at the 4 main Disney parks):
- Guests who are staying at a Disney resort.
- Annual Passholders
- Premium Passholders
- Disney Premier Passport holders
Paid Parking (everyone else!):
- Preferred parking: car or motorcycle – $45 per day
- Standard parking: car or motorcycle – $22 per day
- Oversized Vehicle Parking: Shuttle, Limo, Camper Trailer, RV, Bus or Tractor Trailer – $27 per day
Parking at the Water Parks and Disney Springs
This currently remains free. Valet parking is available at Disney Springs for $20 a day.
Additional Resource for this article: wdwinfo.com
To learn more about the different types of transportation at Disney World, read the following articles:
Do you have more tips or thoughts on this topic?
Please feel free to post them in a comment below. We’d love your input.
Join our facebook group!!!!
Ask any questions, share your knowledge and just enjoy getting to know other Disney fanatics in our facebook group called Walt Disney World Made Easy for Everyone.
Also join me on Pinterest here.
GET UPDATES, NEWS & TIPS (IT’S FREE!!!)
Sign up below to stay updated on the newest information, tips and tricks to help you plan your perfect Disney World trip!