Below you’ll find articles to help you manage at Disney with all kinds of small to large extra challenges. They include health and emotional challenges, as well as other miscellaneous challenges such as speaking a foreign language or having religious concerns.
In general, we’ve found Disney to be extraordinary when it comes to supporting those with challenges. There are those who feel that Disney could do better in certain areas, and I’d agree that there’s always room for growth. However in our experience, we haven’t come across any place like it. The lengths they go to for their guests with challenges are way beyond what we’ve seen almost anywhere else.
The goal here is to help you know how to prepare and travel as easily, comfortably and safely as you can while having a great time. But… before you read these articles, please read the disclaimer at the bottom of this page.
Articles for handling extra challenges while at Disney World (in alphabetical order)
Infants and Toddlers at Disney World
- Visiting Disney World with an Infant
- Baby Care Centers in the Disney Parks
- Strollers at Disney World
Diabetes & Blood Sugar at Disney World
First Aid Stations
- Medical Emergencies & 911 at Disney World
- Disney Area Hospitals, Emergency Rooms, Dialysis
- First Aid Stations in the Disney World Parks
Medication & Medical Supplies
- Pregnancy at Disney World – Visiting While Pregnant
- Bug Off: Mosquitoes, Zika and Disney World – What you should know (Pregnancy related)
Plus Size, Big and Tall
- Disney World Planning for Plus Size (Pooh Size) Guests (Part 1)
- In the Parks – Part 2 of Planning for Plus Size (Pooh Size) Guests
- Tips for People of Size at Walt Disney World
Sun & Heat Sensitivity
Transportation at Disney World
- Disney World Transportation Overview (Includes info for mobility issues, ECVs and wheelchairs)
- Riding the Monorail with Wheelchairs and ECVs (Electric Convenience Vehicles/Mobility Scooters)
- Disney World Boat Transportation for those with ECVs and Wheelchairs
- Walt Disney World’s Bus System for ECVs & Wheelchairs
Wheelchair and ECV devices
- ECVs and Wheelchairs at Disney World – Everything you need to know. – This is a series of articles on ECV and wheelchair use at Disney, listed on this page.
We’re currently in the process of putting all of the info from my book manuscript onto this site, so check back frequently for more articles.
PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE READING THE ABOVE ARTICLES:
Now before we begin, please hang in there with me while I make a few disclaimers. Please note that the information, tips and suggestions in this section and throughout the website are not medical recommendations. I’m not a physician, and even where we’ve included information from medical professionals, this information may not be complete, and may not be appropriate for your condition. Although we’ve worked hard to be accurate, we don’t guarantee the accuracy of any of the information. Your condition and your trip should be discussed thoroughly with your Physician before visiting Disney. If any medical issue arises during your trip, you should consult a physician. Also please consult Walt Disney World for up to date facts and recommendations. We’ve included numerous interviews with medical professionals. We greatly appreciate and respect their input, but we’re unable to endorse any medical professional or organization named on this website. We’re also including hospitals, clinics, health organizations, businesses and websites on this website and in this section. Again, we’re not endorsing any of them. We’re including all information for your research purposes only.
Also please note that Disney is in a constant state of change. If there’s something important you need to know in order to stay safe and healthy, please contact Disney in advance of your visit to request information and support, and double check that information once you’re there. Now let’s move forward!
Join our facebook group!!!!
Ask any questions, share your knowledge and just enjoy getting to know other Disney fanatics in our facebook group called Walt Disney World Made Easy for Everyone.
Also join me on Pinterest here.
GET UPDATES, NEWS & TIPS (IT’S FREE!!!)
Sign up below to stay updated on the newest information, tips and tricks to help you plan your perfect Disney World trip!